Clinical Associate Professor
Ann is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Nursing program and Director of the Institute for Person-Centered Care.
Her practice focus has been both acute & community health. Ann has taught courses in the traditional BSN and accelerated BSN populations. In 2011, Ann was names a 100 Iowa Great Nurse.
Education and Training
- MSN, St. Ambrose University, Nursing Administration
- BSN, Gannon University, Nursing
- BA, Mercyhurst University, Biology
- BS, Mercyhurst University, Health Sciences
- Illowa Partners in Nursing: Clinical Nursing Faculty Preparation Certification, October, 2010
My first grade teacher asked the class to draw what we wanted to be when we grew up. I drew a nurse in her cap and uniform in front of a hospital. My mother (who is also a nurse) kept that drawing, framed it, and gave it to me when I graduated nursing school. I guess it was destiny. Nursing is one of the hardest vocations and – for many – is a calling. I am ever grateful to care for patients and families at their most vulnerable time. I also enjoy being challenged to improve wellness within our community. I look forward to assisting our future professionals to enjoy the same.
Ann, on why she studied Nursing
Publication, co-author: Topical Administration of Tranexamic Acid in Primary Total Hip and Total Knee Arthroplasty, Journal of Arthroplasty (2013) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2013.10.005
More About Ann
Nursing Process I: Across the Lifespan
Clinical Application I
Clinical Application II
Nursing Skills I and II
Advanced Nursing Practicum
Advanced Application Project
Foundations of Nursing Knowledge
Leadership and Contemporary Issues
Volunteer "Jungle" refugee camp, Calais, France, 2016
BIX Medical Tent Chair, 2014, 2015
BIX Chair Finish Line Stretch, 2016-current
Tapestry Farms, board member
- Clinical practice has focused on care of the Orthopaedic patient, general surgical population and wound care
- Administrative nursing position overseeing quality data, evidence-based practice and performance improvement.
Center for Health Sciences Education 157
1320 W. Lombard
Davenport, IA 52804