The mission of the Graduate Student Government Association (GSGA) is to support and enrich the academic experience and environment for all existing and future graduate programs.
This year, the leadership team of GSGA has had a busy year. Here are a few of our major accomplishments:
- Awarded 100 grants totaling $20,000
- Contributed planning of the Destination Leadership Conference and encouraged graduate students to attend this event.
- Held two social events. The fall social was November 3 at the Mound in the East Village of Davenport. We had over 100 attendees.
- The spring social will be April 13 at 8 p.m. at Cru, 221 Brady St. Drink tickets and food will be provided as well as a raffle and door prizes! The graduate program with the highest percentage of student attendees will win a pizza party.
As we conclude the academic year, here are a few important announcements from GSGA:
- Student Scholarship: GSGA will be giving two scholarships of $1,000 each. Requirements and application information can be found on MySAU Portal.
- Graduate Student and Graduate Professor of the Year nominations are open. We are hoping for a nomination from each program. To nominate someone, fill out this form or email Lisa.
- GSGA Executive Board elections will be Monday, April 9 at 6 p.m. in the Rogalski Center, Gottlieb Conference Room. Please email Lisa with your intention of applying or for more information on the positions.