MBA Admission Requirements
To apply for admission, follow these simple steps:
- Complete an online application for graduate admission.
- Submit official grade transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended.
- Send your professional résumé.
- Send three professional references.
- Writing sample
Please note that GMAT scores are not required for admission.
Up to nine semester credits of sufficiently similar courses may be transferred from other accredited graduate programs. The credit hours for a course transferred may not completely satisfy the required material necessary to receive three credit hours. In these cases, the student may be required to take additional hours to reach the equivalent of three credit hours for the course.
Transfer credit can be considered only if the conditions below have been met.
SAU receives an official transcript that shows:
- the course being considered for transfer credit is a graduate course or its equivalent as accredited by the American Council on Education;
- the student received a grade of B or better;
- the course was completed within five (5) years from the student's acceptance into the program; and
- a syllabus of the course to be transferred must be provided along with a detailed description of the course.
The MBA Director will review the request with faculty of the course for which transfer credit is being sought. Together they will make the decision if the transfer is to be allowed. The student will be notified and the transfer credit will be recorded in the student's permanent file.
The grades for transfer credits do not appear on the student's transcript and are not included in the MBA grade point average.
Only under extraordinary circumstances are students allowed to take courses elsewhere when enrolled in the St. Ambrose University MBA Program. These instances almost invariably involve job-related transfers out of the city with a maximum of nine semester credit hours allowed. These transfers must be approved in advance by the MBA Director.