College of Business
St. Ambrose University is dedicated to your growth as a student – and as a person.
We share a relentless commitment to what is right, and will challenge and empower you to achieve – and exceed – your goals.
In the College of Business, you'll grow from an aspiring and ambitious student into a fearless leader who, like us, is always focused on the greater good.
We Support Our Veterans
According to U.S. News & World Report, St. Ambrose is one of the best schools in the country for providing academic financial aid to veterans and active-duty service members.
Come Visit Us!
The College of Business invites high school students to visit us for an immersive, informative, and exciting business experience! Spots are limited; distancing and masks required.
This new home for the College of Business features:
- 16,000-square-feet of new construction
- A two-story, light-filled atrium
- Three floors of updated, modern classroom styles that allow collaboration and preparation for the business world
- Sales Center with breakout rooms
- Finance Center
The College of Business undergraduate majors in accounting, business economics, finance, international business, management, and marketing, and our graduate programs in accounting, business administration (MBA and DBA), and organizational leadership are all accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Learn more about our majors by clicking below:
More than 85% of full-time faculty members earned doctoral degrees. Many have professional work experience in the fields they teach. High-quality adjunct instructors bring a wealth of current practice and experience into our classrooms.
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
We have approximately 500 students, with more than 100 majoring in Marketing or Management. More than 90 are majors in Accounting. Other majors include Finance, Business Economics, Human Resource Management (new in Fall 2020!), and International Business. More than one-third of our students secure internships during their course of studies.
More than 400 College of Business graduate students are in the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL), Master of Accounting (MAcc) or Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programs.
Based on a survey of recent graduates conducted by our Career Center, 48% had jobs in Iowa and 44% in Illinois. Other states include California, Colorado, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, and Texas.
Of those who were seeking employment at graduation:
- 97% were employed
- 92% were employed full time
- 85% were employed full time in their field.
Approximately 75 different organizations employ St. Ambrose University graduates, the most frequent being John Deere and the Rock Island Arsenal.
Our recent grads have jobs in the following industries:
- Financial services, banking or insurance (16%)
- Manufacturing (25%)
- Retail (6%)
- Government or government-related at the Rock Island Arsenal (9%)
- Professional services (20%)
- Marketing or sales (9%)
- Communication (8%)
A 2012 survey of alums from the past 30 years showed:
- 93% are very satisfied or generally satisfied with their St. Ambrose University business education.
- 91% agreed or strongly agreed that they were prepared to understand professional concepts related to their major.
- 99% of our alums have been active as volunteers in the past year.