Dr. McCormick teaches in the Nursing program for both clinical and didactic courses and professionally specializes in pediatric advanced practice.
Her interests span the spectrum of healthcare including health promotion/disease prevention and evidence-based practices. Dr. McCormick is additionally experienced in the developmental-behavioral health of children.
Education and Training
- DNP, Chamberlain University, Advanced Practice Leadership Track
- MSN, University of Illinois-Chicago, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- BSN, University of Illinois-Chicago
- AAS, Parkland College, Nursing
I have not forgotten what it's like to be a student, and more importantly, the gaps in what my mentors didn't teach me. Keeping the student's perspective in mind allows for more functional learning to occur.
Dr. McCormick, on what makes her an interesting teacher
Clinical education project directed toward both patients and care providers as related to health promoting behaviors.
More About Dr. McCormick
Health Assessment Across the Lifespan
Applied Learning Experiences I - III
Concepts of Mental Health - didactic and clinical
Evidence Based Practice
- National Affiliate Member of The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Fellow of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)
- Recognition of Nursing Excellence by Genesis Health System
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Collegiate Honor Society Member
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars Lifetime Member
- Inducted to both National Honor Society and Spanish Honor Society
Center for Health Sciences Education 147
518 W. Locust St.
Davenport, IA 52803