Learn about our Career Fairs
Due to COVID-19 all Spring 2021 Career Center events will be held virtually. See the our Events page for details on times and dates of each event.
The Quad Cities College Career Fair will take the place of ProFair and will be presented by St. Ambrose University, Augustana College, Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, Black Hawk College and Western Illinios University - Quad Cities. More details below. Employers can register here.
The Health Sciences Career and Networking Fair is an event presented by St. Ambrose University. It allows employers to connect with students and alumni who are seeking fieldwork opportunities, internships, clinical experiences, and full-time positions in Human Performance & Fitness, Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Social Work, Speech-Language Pathology, Physician Assistant, and Public Health. Undergraduate students in Biology, Biomedical Laboratory Science, Chemistry, and Psychology who are interested in health sciences careers are also encouraged to attend. Register for the fair here. If you just need to pay for your registration, you can pay here.
The Quad Cities College Career Fair is a premier event presented by St. Ambrose University, Augustana College, Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, Black Hawk College and Western Illinios University - Quad Cities. It connects students and alumni to prospective employers (both local and national), for job and internship opportunities.
Before the fair, it is STRONGLY rocommended that you watch BOTH the Employer Demo and the Student Demo of how the virtual fair platform will operate. Watching the demos will give you a complete understanding of how the system will interact with you and how it relates to the multiple technologies or systems that will be utilized to bring you and our students together.
- Go to: https://sau-csm.symplicity.com/employers (Do Not use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge)
- Click Events on Left
- Then click Career Fairs
- Click on Registered to see RSVP
- Click View Chat to get to chat line up
- NOTE: You can filter and search by students who have showed interest in your company, students major, download resumes etc. Students won't appear until 3pm when fair opens.
On the day of the fair, you can get into the fair 60 minutes before the fair starts. Confirm your individual meeting information (update with a new video link if you need to) under Chat Instructions.
Your employer contact has set the Expected Chat Time per Student, which is the same for all representatives at your company.
How can I change/modify my registration information on BeeCareers?
- Log in to your BeeCareers account at http://sau-csm.symplicity.com/employers.
**See below if new to BeeCareers to receive password information.
- On the left side, go into the Events tab - Career Fairs.
- Go to the Fair you want to modify. Press the Registered button.
- Go to the Registration Tab at the top.
- Scroll to the bottom and press Modify, You will see your company administrator's name at the top
DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE COMPANY INFORMATION SECTION.
- Click NEXT to Update any information needed such as:
- Virtual Meeting Platform if you want to change platforms such as WebEx, Zoom etc..
- Recruiter Names (video links will be added here - select YOUR NAME and then EXPAND)
- PLEASE NOTE - One-on-One Links should go under Recruiter Meeting Instructions. Group Chat links under Group Chat Meeting Instructions.
- Open your video platform of choice i.e. Zoom etc. create a meeting invite and copy the invite
- Return to BeeCareers and copy the link in the appropriate RECRUITER box. Remember - One-on-One chats links DO NOT go into the GROUP CHAT box. Select recruiter then select EXPAND
- Be sure you make the URL an active hyperlink using the toolbar above the text box - Right clicking to hyperlink does not work within CJL
- NOTE: If a new Representative box has opened, select REMOVE
- Group Chat information can be added as well - Again do not right click to hyper link but instead use the toolbox above.
- Be sure to continue through the entire registration to Confirm and Review and CONFIRM again. You should end at the invoice page. Your information WILL NOT BE SAVED unless you get all the way to the invoice page.
NOTE: **If you are new to BeeCareers and have not already received your password information, you will need to select FORGOT PASSWORD. Please note, the email with the new password link expires after just a few hours.
To begin the fair - Set your Status to Online.
Start your video meeting using the video link provided in Chat Instructions and keep your video meeting running for the entire length of the fair.
If your Alternate Chat Instructions include a phone number, make sure to have your phone handy if students experience technical difficulties. When the fair starts, you will see students lining up in your queue.
I don't understand the video links I am supposed to provide. Can I use the same video link in each recruiter's information?
No. Each recruiter must have a unique individual link to their room. It is best if each recruiter submits the link themselves. Be sure to HYPERLINK all One-on-One video links and Group Chat links. Be sure you make the URL an active hyperlink using the toolbar above the text box. The recruiter will invite the student in line to video chat and the link will then become visible for the student. The link is not visible until the recruiter invites the student to chat. Once a recruiter is finished with a student, the recruiter will go back to the student queue and invite the next student in line to video chat.
Begin Chatting with Students
If the student is with another rep from your company, student will show as "busy" and rep name. If they are with another employer, they will just show as "busy".
Once you have started to video chat with a student, watch the timer which will count down from the maximum time to zero. When time is up, you will see an alert and hear a "ping" sound.
When you are done, click End Chat. Not the Video LINK. You can mark the student as a candidate you are Interested or Not Interested in, and take notes. This information is not shared with the student but will be shared with your team.
Will students have specific times to meet with our recruiters?
No. Our system is not set up for specific appointment times.
How will one-on-one chats work?
Students will form a queue for your "booth." You will see the student name, major, year in school, as well as their picture and resume. The picture and resume upload are optional. You will send the first person in the queue an invitation to chat which contains your hyperlinked URL.
What is the Group Chat? Do I need to host a Group Chat?
The Group Chat is optional. Some of our employers have:
Posted a company video or YouTube link that students can access during the fair
Had a recruiter available at certain times during the event to give an information session of sorts
Had the room open as a drop-in room where students could come and go to ask questions
You can use this room as you wish, but understand students are not marked busy while in a Group Chat and may be invited to a 1:1 Chat while in your Group Chat room. Also, you must have someone online and accepting 1:1 chats so students know you are at the event. Again, all this is optional.
What if group chats are starting at the same time?
We are encouraging and advising students to research the companies they are interested in prior to the fair so they will be able to create a plan. Wait times will vary, so plans need to be flexible. We are predicting that students may have to forgo attending every Group Chat in order to get more one-on-one time with recruiters.
Are students able to select which recruiter they want to speak with? Can recruiters select which students they want to spreak with?
Students cannot select representatives. The student will join the company queue and the representative will keep taking the next student in the queue. This means that the recruiters will be unable to select which student they want to talk with but will have to connect to the next student in line.
I have several students in my line and the fair is about to end. Am I allowed to stay and chat with the students?
You may remain in the system and chat with students in your queue past the posted times of the fair. New students will not be able to join your queue once the fair is officially over, but you can visit with all the students already in your queue if you wish. The system will not kick you out. Please set up your video links accordingly. If you choose to leave the fair and go OFFLINE with students still in your line, you will receive a resume packet of those students in your queue.
If you need to step away for less than 5 minutes, set your status to Busy. Student will be allowed to continue to join your queue. If you need to take a longer break and no other representative from your company is Online, then set your Status to Offline. Students will be notified that you are no longer online and will likely leave your queue. The system will automatically send you resumes of students who were in line, but did not have a chance to connect with you. If you select students who are busy chatting with another company, you will not be able to select them, but they will stay in your queue for later conversations. When the fair is over, you can filter students by Overall Feedback and download resumes.
The morning of the fair or during the fair, you can generate interest in your company by inviting students to video chat with you. Go to the All RSVP'd Students tab, use Advanced Search to find students of interest, select them and use Mail To/Invite to Chat. There is a default template which you can customize.
Before you leave the VCF, make sure to set your status as "Offline."
This will clear your queue and end all chat activity.
When the fair is over, you can filter students by Overall Feedback and download resumes.
YOUR NOTES ARE NOT DOWNLOADABLE, but will be kept in the system for 90 days.
Will employers receive list so fo students they spoke to and their resumes/email addresses after the event or after chats?
A student's information and resume (if they have included one) will be downloadable once the last recruiter on your team leaves the fair. More information on this will follow.
The policies outlined in this document pertain to employer recruitment activity at the Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair.
We invite organizations to register for Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair provided they meet the following basic criteria:
- The organization must have actual or anticipated bona fide internship, clinical, field placement, or full-time opportunities for our students.
- The organization must accurately describe the responsibilities and requirements for the opportunities it offers at Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair.
- All conditions for advertised positions must be clearly publicized in the position description. This includes, but is not limited to, positions that are commission-based, involve out-of-pocket financial expenses, test taking, etc.
- Employer organizations are expected to be familiar with and to honor the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals.
Third Party Recruiting/Staffing Agencies
Third party organizations are able to recruit for their own staff positions and for other organizations.
All conditions for advertised positions must be clearly noted on job listings and are thoroughly explained in recruiting conversations and interviews with students. Furthermore, the agency must meet the following requirements in order to attend Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair:
- Charge no fees to the candidate.
- Provide a position description for valid openings.
- Commit to applicant privacy. Organizations should only share candidate information with clients when a specific job description is shared with the student/alumni fair attendee.
- Comply with all federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws (Title VI and IX, and ADA).
- We have the right to limit the number of recruiters in this area or eliminate their attendance without prior notice. Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair has a primary purpose of assisting students in connecting with direct employers.
Duplicate Organization Policy
Employers with the same umbrella organization (such as a headquarter office and a branch location) must register as two separate companies since they will receive two separate guidebook entries.
Payment Policy and Deadline
All fees must be paid in full by the registration deadline (excluding government and military employers). Failure to submit full payment will result in forfeiture of registration and the space will be given to another organization.
To receive a full refund, the organization must notify email@example.com 10 days prior to the event. If notification is received after, the organization will NOT receive a refund. We hold that organizations benefit from Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair and its promotion even if the organization is unable to attend because:
- Organizations receive exposure through web advertising.
- Organizations receive exposure through the guidebook.
- Organizations receive exposure through career fair promotions at two institutions.
- Revenue from the fair helps to support SAU's Health Careers Adventure Camp
Inclement Weather Policy
We will decide whether to cancel Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair due to inclement weather. Good faith efforts will be made to communicate event cancellation to relevant constituents via e-mail messages and phone calls. We advise all employers to make their own judgment if weather conditions pose an issue or concern.
To ensure students are able to take advantage of the opportunities at the fair no matter what time they arrive, please ensure you have a representative at your booth throughout the full duration of the event.
Each organization will receive a 6x10 foot space. Please limit any floor displays to 6x8 foot dimensions. Display space will be strictly enforced. If the display exceeds the allotted area and infringes on neighboring booths or fire exits, they will be asked to remove the portions of the display which exceed the space.
Employment professionals will maintain the confidentiality of student information, regardless of the source, including personal knowledge, written records/reports, and computer databases. There will be no disclosure of student information to another organization without the prior written consent of the student, unless necessitated by health and/or safety considerations.
We require all employers who attend Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair to follow the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) practices as well as NACE Professional Standards in the recruiting process. There shall be no discrimination against any qualified person on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, political or personal favoritism, marital status, sexual orientation or disabling condition. By registering your company or organization with us, you agree to accept and comply with the policies and procedures of Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair regarding employer recruiting activities. We reserve the right to refuse service to any company or organization whose business we believe is of a nature that is not appropriate for our students and alumni, nor consistent with the mission of both institutions. If we determine that an employer has practiced recruiting techniques that are inconsistent with the requirements set forth in this policy, the employer will not be allowed to attend Health Sciences Career & Networking Fair, or will be asked to leave if already present. All decisions concerning registration of companies and organizations are made in our sole discretion.
Updated January 2021