Admission and Application
These are the requirements for application to the Master of Science in Exercise Physiology program:
- Undergraduate degree in exercise science or science-based major from an accredited institution
- Prerequisites: Undergraduate anatomy and physiology (SAU students must take BIOL 230 Human A&P I & BIOL 232 Human A&P II or BIOL 205 Essentials of Human A&P)
- Recommended: 4 credits physics (which should include Newtonian mechanics); 3-4 credits exercise physiology; SAU equivalent pre-requisite: KIN 390 Exercise Physiology or KIN 366 Applied Exercise Physiology
- Undergraduate GPA least 3.0 GPA
- Two letters of recommendation (pdf). One must be from a former or current professor.
- GRE or MCAT scores (SAU undergraduates are exempt)
- Personal statement: a brief introduction of yourself and why you are pursuing this degree along with what has prepared you for the program
- TOEFL score of 79 or 6.5 on the IELTS for students whose native language or undergraduate experience is not English
Applications are most commonly submitted for the summer cohort, but also are accepted for the Fall and Spring. Priority is given to those applications received 6 months prior to start date. Apply online today.