Director of Clinical Education | Assistant Professor
Dr. Frank teaches and coordinates content related to clinical education and management of medically complex patients. She assists with neuromuscular therapeutics content and labs.
She specializes in clinical education and neurologic therapy
Her current clinical practice is focused in acute care and inpatient rehab, as well as interprofessional probono services.
She is a Trainer for the APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Levels I and II and was part of the workgroup that developed the Level II program.
Read Dr. Frank's CV (pdf)
- DPT, University of Montana, Physical Therapy
- MPT, University of Iowa, Physical Therapy
- BA, University of Iowa, General Science
Certifications and Licensure
- APTA Credentialed Trainer
- APTA Advanced/Level II Credentialed Trainer
- APTA Advanced Credentialed Clinical Instructor
- APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor
I love watching the "lightbulbs" turn on when students understand a difficult concept for the first time, and especially when they apply it in the clinic to help someone else.
Dr. Lynn Frank
Riley NA, Frank LF. College of Health and Human Services Inter-Professional Clinical Reasoning Event. A Compendium for Teaching Physical Therapy Neurologic Content. 9/2016.
Frank LM. Intense In-Home Physical Therapy for a Patient 17 Years Post-Traumatic Brain Injury - A Case Report. Poster Presentation at APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Indianapolis, IN (February 2015)
Sass K, Frank LM, Thiele A, Newton A, Hartung SJ, Bork B. "Physical Therapy Clinicians' Perspectives on Clinical Education". Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 2011; 25(3): 46-52.
Frank LM, Cassady SL. Measures of Stress and Anxiety in Entry-Level Physical Therapy Students: Are They Related to Academic Performance? Poster Presentation at APTA Combined Sections Meeting, San Diego, CA (February, 2006).
Frank LM, Cassady SL. "Health and Wellness in Entry-Level Physical Therapy Students: Are Measures of Stress, Anxiety and Academic Performance Related?" Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy Journal, 2005;16 (4): 5-13.
- DPT 515 Professional Seminar
- DPT 580 Clinical Education
- DPT 581 Clinical Education
- DPT 582 Clinical Education
- DPT 630 Neuromuscular Therapeutics (lab assistant)
- DPT 680 Clinical Education
- DPT 780 Clinical Education
- DPT 781 Clinical Education
- DPT 782 Clinical Education
- DPT 784 Clinical Education
- DPT 830 Management of the Medically Complex Patient
St. Ambrose Physical Therapy Program Special Recognition Award, 2000
Center for Health Sciences Education 267
1320 W. Lombard St.
Davenport, IA 52804