Ambrosian Day of Service
The Alumni Association Board and Alumni Engagement Office have expanded this community service event to alumni. Think of it like Bee Happy Hour, but with a focus on service!
Our more recent alumni may remember Bee the Difference Day on campus. This student-run event gathers hundreds of students to do good in the Quad Cities community, especially the neighborhoods closest to campus.
A Celebration of Service
Ambrosians around the nation will celebrate our collective tradition through teaching, learning, scholarship, service, and the pursuit of justice and peace with a day of service. These days are organized by dedicated alumni volunteers in various local communities.
How to Participate
Want to get involved? We are currently looking for volunteers to organize 2021 Ambrosian Days of Service. Ideally, we'd like these to occur in October 2021. Complete this interest form and the Alumni Engagement office will be in touch with you to discuss next steps. If you have any questions, please email Elizabeth Hollmer, Coordinator of Event Engagement
2019 Group Service Projects
View photos from this year's group service projects and find others on social media using #SAUDayofService.
Annual Day of Service
If you are interested in coordinating a service day in your area, please complete this interest form, and the alumni office will be in contact with you.
Join alumni host Jen Walker '99 and your local community for the Quad Cities annual service day!
Saturday, Oct. 16, 2021
8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
(4010 Kimmel Dr., Davenport, IA)
Join fellow Ambrosians and support those with food insecurities and assemble family necessity kits.
Please register to Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
River Bend Foodbank, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, collects wholesome donations of food for distribution to more than 300 charitable community organizations that support the hungry in eastern Iowa and western Illinois.
St. Ambrose alumni who live in cities across the nation can volunteer to host a local event for other Ambrosians in their area. Below is a summary of what's involved if you'd like to host a local service event. Detailed online forms will guide you through the steps, and the Office of Alumni Engagement can work with you to help make your event a success.
The Office of Alumni Engagement suggests that you start planning about 8-10 weeks in advance and confirm details 6 weeks prior to the event.
• Decide what organization you wish to work with; consider the number of alumni in your geographic area
• Select the appropriate venue and timeframe
• Reserve a spot at a local restaurant for lunch or drinks after the project
• Provide details to the Office of Alumni Engagement
• Collect RSVP's as they come in
• Coordinate logistics locally (reserve the venue, enlist other volunteers)
• Manage the event onsite (check the setup, greet alumni, manage the flow of the service day, clean up at the end of event)
• Provide the Office of Alumni Engagement with a list of attendees after the event
• Provide a list of area alumni (after volunteer has completed a confidentiality agreement)
• Provide advice based on event experience
• Send a formal email invitation (4-6 weeks before the event) and a follow-up reminder (1-2 weeks before the event) to area alumni
• Provide SAU supplies and giveaways (name tags, check-in sheet, etc.)
Alumni Engagement Office
Alumni House: 1527 Brady St.
Mail: 518 W. Locust St.
Davenport, IA 52803