Admission and Application
For Current SAU or Transfer Students
Current SAU sophomores or transfers apply for Standard admission to the BSW program.
Applications are due Feb. 1 each year for the following fall.
Click here for the BSW Standard Application. Please note that the application does not save; have your personal statement and professional letter of reference ready to attach.
For High School Students
High achieving high school students interested in securing their place in the BSW program at SAU may apply for Track I consideration.
Applications for Track I are due Jan. 15, 2019 for entry in the Fall 2019 cohort.
Click here for the BSW Track I Application. Please note that the application does not save; have your personal statement ready to attach.
For current SAU students or transfers
For high-achieving high school students
All students intending to enter the BSW program their junior year must complete the following:
1. Earned at least 45 credit hours and have a minimum 2.5 GPA (including any SAU and transfer credits).
Current SAU students will generally apply during the second semester of sophomore year; the timing may vary for transfer students.
2. Taken the following prerequisite courses with a grade "C" or higher:
- SWK 201 Introduction to Social Work, 3 credits
- Human Biology, 4 credits: BIOL 101; BIOL 101L or BIOL 112; BIOL 112L
- Choose one based on your interests (3 credits each): PSYC 105 Introduction to Psychology, SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology, or WGS 201 Intro to Women and Gender Studies
- STAT 213 Statistics/Methods, 3 credits or SOC 430 Data Analysis in Social Research, 4 credits
- PSCI 101 Intro to American Government, 3 credits
3. BSW Admission Application which includes:
- Personal Statement
- Letter of reference from supervisor or college instructor
- Transcripts sent from all institutions attended (if applicable)
All high school students intending to enter the BSW Track I/Early Decision must satisfy the following:
1. Earned high school GPA of at least 3.0 unweighted
2. Earned ACT score of at least 23
3. Accepted for admission to SAU
4. Submitted the Track I BSW Admission Application which includes a Personal Statement.