Professor and Dean
Serves as Dean of the College of Health and Human Services and teaches research and cardiopulmonary physical therapy. She is past editor of The Cardiopulmonary Journal and past associate editor of the Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy.
Dr. Cassady has written numerous articles, chapters and abstracts on topics related to cardiopulmonary physical therapy. She has received several professional awards for teaching, research and professional service. She is a fellow of the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
She is also a fellow in the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Education and Training
- PhD, University of Iowa Exercise Science
- MA, Certification in Physical Therapy, University of Iowa Physical Therapy
- BA, University of Northern Iowa Biology
Areas of Professional Interest
- Management of patients with cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases
- Body Composition
More about Dr. Cassady
- DPT 700 Issues in Research II
- DPT 640 Cardiopulmonary Therapeutics
- DPT 705 Critical Inquiry
- DPT 820 Physical Therapy Differential Diagnosis
Sandy Cassady, PhD
College of Health and Human Services
Center for Health Sciences Education
1320 W. Lombard St.
Davenport, IA 52803