Project Management Microcredential
Project management is essential to executing business strategy effectively. It enables companies to focus resources on a necessary change and keeps them all moving towards the same goal.
Companies need skilled project managers who know how to apply a process framework and lead resources through a controlled project delivery.
- Earn 35 PDUs
- Only Eight Online Sessions
More Information About Project Management
Students completing this microcredential will learn best practices and principles of project management as well as the confidence to apply that knowledge in the workplace.
Our curriculum is designed to provide a scalable project management system for managing projects of all shapes and sizes – regardless of industry.
Summer 2021 Cohort
The Summer 2021 cohort meets on Wednesdays from 5:30 – 9 p.m. on the following days:
June 23, 30
July 7, 14, 28
August 4, 11 and 18
- Recognize the PMI framework and project methodologies
- Demonstrate the ability to identify key stakeholders and develop communication plans
- Understand leadership strategies to manage expectations and influence outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the PMI framework to define and plan a project
- Demonstrate the ability to define project baselines
- Demonstrate the ability to Identify product and project controls
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor and report performance
The Project Management Microcredential is not eligible for academic credit.
Students who complete the microcredential will have earned 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs), certified through the Project Management Institute®.
Per student cost: $2,250
Cost includes digital course access, printed text materials and 35 PDUs. Upon completion, participants will earn a digital badge certifying their knowledge of the project management framework.
Courses will consist of 8, 3.5-hour sessions in the following topic areas:
- Introduction to project management and the PM role
- Project Initiation - Defining the Project
- Project Planning - Defining the Product
- Project Planning - Defining the Project Work
- Project Planning - Defining the Project Controls
- Project Execution - Direct and Manage the Project
- Project Monitoring and Control - Product Scope
- Project Monitoring and Control - Project Scope & Closeout
Additionally, students must successfully complete a capstone project which will be worked on concurrently during the 8-week course.
Students will be required to select and define a project. This project will then be planned and controlled using the Project Management Institute's® project framework and sample templates. The project will be due at the end of the 8th week and evaluated based on the defined rubric. If the student passes on all areas, the digital badge will be awarded.