Kurt is a licensed health care professional with more than 20 years of hands-on nursing experience in hospital, clinical, and classroom settings.
Management and leadership experience is reflected in his ability to create success by motivating and helping others succeed in the healthcare industry using a client centered mentality.
Kurt's clinical work as a nurse practitioner is centered around urgent care and occupational medicine.
Education and Training
- DNP, BSN, Clarke University
- BS, University of Wisconsin
Areas of Scholarship and Interest
- Patient perceptions of Spiritual Care and implications on selecting a primary health care provider and impact on client satisfaction
- Healthcare Evangelism. Taking preventive medicine and healthcare into the community, rather than getting people to the 'mega clinic'; utilize existing infrastructure to provide care and education
- Utilizing technology to connect individuals to healthcare. Taking commonly used technologies and using it to advance the health and outcomes of clients and their families
Andresen, K. & Sturmer, K. (August, 2019). Promoting the Expansion Testing Modalities in Nursing Education (PETMIN). Poster session presented at NurseTim™ Nuts & Bolts Conference. Minneapolis, MN.
Sturmer, K. (October, 2017). Using the Nursing Model for Advancement of Spirituality in Healthcare. Oral podium poster presentation at the 44th Biennial Convention of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing, Indianapolis, IN.
Sturmer, K. (2015). Spirituality in Healthcare (Doctoral dissertation). Clarke University, IA.
Numerous presentations within St. Ambrose University College of Health Science Education.
More About Dr. Sturmer
Leadership and Contemporary Issues
- American Nurses Association
- Iowa Nurses Association
- Iowa Nurse Practitioner Society
- Quad City Area NP/PA Alliance
- Sigma Theta Tau International
ARNP, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
NIOSH Approved Spirometry
Occupational Hearing Conservationist
Certified Nurse Educator
Center for Health Sciences Education 153
1320 W. Lombard
Davenport, IA 52804