Digital marketing is a critical component of organizational communication, marketing, and advertising strategy.
The need for knowledgeable professionals who can use digital platforms strategically is continuing to grow – along with the salaries – even as the talent gap widens.
St. Ambrose now offers an online Microcredential program in Digital Marketing which certifies badge holders with the skills they need to succeed in this exciting and dynamic environment.
- 100% Online Classes
- Complete Within 6 Months
- Low Per-Student Cost
More Information About the Digital Marketing Microcredential
Students will learn various aspects of digital marketing across a spectrum of employment areas and business types.
From small businesses to large corporations and from a marketing-specific role to general business, earning this microcredential will give participants an advantage in the workplace.
Your edge will come from a well-rounded understanding in these foundational areas of digital marketing:
- Understand the digital marketing landscape, including available platforms and their audience segments.
- How to maximize your content and interactions, including best practices of paid vs. organic marketing opportunities and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Practice developing and curating content to attract and grow an engaged community of followers.
- Develop policies, procedures, and training for social media management within your organization.
- Effectively use social listening, analytics, and benchmarking to increase impact, create awareness of brand and image, and manage customer relationships.
- Utilize tools to assist in curating digital content, improve graphics, and manage the implementation of your overall strategy on multiple platforms.
- Ability to plan and implement a robust digital marketing strategy on multiple platforms in a variety of organizational settings.
Every Microcredential offered by St. Ambrose University satisfies a certain set of skills or competencies.
For the non-credit Digital Marketing Microcredential, students must complete all 6 training sessions, as well as the Capstone Project.
The Capstone will be graded on a rubric basis and require a minimum competency in each of the six core areas to confirm that the student has gained the skills defined in the learning outcomes.
The Digital Marketing Microcredential is not eligible for academic credit.
Per student cost: $400
Courses will consist of 2-hour, asynchronous webinars in the following topic areas:
- Digital Marketing Landscape
- SEO and Content Promotion
- Content Development
- Policies & Training
- Social Listening and Analytics
- Advanced Tools
Course completion requires a capstone project that incorporates all of the above elements above in a project format which will require competency in all areas to achieve microcredential completion.
Students can expect to complete this microcredential within six months of beginning classes.