Due to a rising number of positive COVID-19 cases, the University is taking the proactive steps of immediately suspending all face-to-face extracurricular activities – including most athletics events and practices – and converting most face-to-face courses to online delivery for one week, starting Monday, Nov. 9 through Friday, Nov. 13.
Students are encouraged to remain on campus and not return home, as course plans are not being changed to distance delivery beyond that week.
This status will be reviewed next week to assess the need to extend.
In the meantime, students have been urged to follow practices and protocols listed in the COVID-19 section of the Student Handbook and outlined in the Bee Safe, Bee Responsible Promise. These include the use of masks and the practices of social distancing and careful hygiene.
Beginning at 4 p.m., Nov. 5, the following changes will take effect:
- Carryout-only dining will be offered in the Cosgrove Dining Hall, Rogalski Center Food Court, and in the Beehive. Beehive seating will be limited to one person per table.
- The Library will maintain normal business hours, with existing requirements for masking and distancing in effect. Study groups are not allowed.
- All student activities and meetings must be virtual.
Effective Friday, Nov. 6 until further notice, the Wellness and Recreation Center will remain open for individual exercise and physical activity with the following changes:
- No team practices, group exercise, or group activities will be permitted throughout the building.
- Masks are required in all areas of the Wellness and Recreation Center, except for the Athletic Weight Room and the Field House. However, social distancing of six feet or greater is required in all areas of the building, including the Athletic Weight Room and the Field House.
Beginning Monday, Nov. 9, the following exceptions will apply to distance-delivery learning:
- Some laboratory courses will take place in the classroom, with added protective equipment required. Department chairs and directors will notify students about any meeting requirements during the week of November 9-13.
- Students on internships, clinical coursework, and student-teaching assignments should continue to participate in such experiences following the directions of the department and the placement site.