College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences is central to the instruction, research, and mission of St. Ambrose University.
The College provides students with the insights and values of a classical liberal-arts education, as well as the skills and dispositions they will need to meet the challenges of today's workplace.
Highly-dedicated faculty support students' intellectual curiosity and independence through dynamic degree programs that foster unlimited possibilities for discovery and growth.
There are many opportunities throughout the year for students to experience learning in their disciplines and faculty to expand their scholarship. These experiences offer a wide diversity of interests and talents.
Some examples include:
The College of Arts and Sciences is the largest at St. Ambrose University, housing more than 90 full-time faculty and dozens of majors:
- Art, Art Education, and Art History
- Book Arts, Graphic Design, and Painting
- Behavioral Neuropsychology, Forensic Psychology, and Psychology
- Biology, Biomedical Laboratory Science, and Chemistry
- Computer Science, Cybersecurity, and Computer Network Administration
- Criminal Justice and Sociology
- Data Science and Analytics
- Digital Filmmaking
- Spanish and International Studies
- Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Multimedia Journalism, Public Relations and Strategic Communication, and Digital Media Production
- Music and Music Education
- Philosophy and Theology
- Political Science
- Women and Gender Studies
Interdisciplinary Minors complement majors by allowing students to explore an interest as well as delve further into broader subject matter.
For example, a student majoring in Women and Gender Studies who wants to work in community outreach for women's shelters might benefit from choosing a minor in Leadership, Justice and Peace Studies, or Pre-Law.