Below is a copy of the Bee Promise, a pledge that ALL St. Ambrose University students and employees are expected to make and follow. A link to complete the promise was sent via email and posted to MySAU Portal.
As Ambrosians, we have a responsibility to care for each other and support the health and wellbeing of our entire community. Never has this responsibility been so important.
As we return to campus this fall, we must follow the rules and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and regional health experts. Doing so can protect ourselves, and each other – students, university employees, and particularly the most vulnerable among us – against the spread of COVID-19. The fall semester will be unlike any we've experienced. Today, it is essential and mandatory, that every Ambrosian commit to the following:
- I will wear a self-supplied face covering in public, including during classes, in common areas, and at events;
- I will practice social distancing in group settings;
- I will adhere to university-established 'traffic patterns' while moving around campus;
- I will monitor my health daily using the university-provided COVID-19 symptom tracker and report my temperature prior to reporting to class or work on campus;
- I will stay home if I feel ill or have been exposed to someone who feels ill or tested positive for COVID-19;
- I will clean and disinfect all personal spaces on a daily basis, including my room/office space and shared bathroom;
- I will self-quarantine if I am exposed to COVID-19 or show symptoms, per the recommendations of a health professional;
- I will submit to testing on the recommendation of my health professional and complete all recommendations for follow-up;
- As a student, I will contact the Dean of Students Office and/or Health Services with questions and for additional support. As an employee, I will contact Human Resources or my health professional.
In addition, students, faculty and staff who have traveled to high-risk areas this summer should self-quarantine at home for 14 days prior to returning to campus.
While we cannot guarantee these measures will be fully effective, each is a step recommended by health experts to mitigate the spread of the virus. Students, faculty, and staff who blatantly disregard their pledge will face consequences as outlined in University policies.
I understand that I may receive updates and/or changes to policies and procedures.
All students are invited and requested to attend one of two Policy and Expectations Town Hall meetings via Webex. An email with the Webex link will be shared with all students closer to the date.
Faculty and staff are invited and requested to attend a Policy and Expectations Town Hall meetings via Webex. An email with the Webex link will be shared closer to the date. A second employee Town Hall will be Aug. 10 at 1 p.m.
Pandemic Non-Compliance Student Disciplinary Policy
Stringent measures are necessary to ensure the safety and wellbeing of students, employees and the St. Ambrose University community.
It is imperative that we work together to ensure we get through this pandemic successfully with the utmost integrity and respect for one another's health and wellbeing.
Students who blatantly disregard the safety measures outlined in the St. Ambrose University Bee Promise will be subjected to the Pandemic Non-Compliance Disciplinary Policy. Students can read this policy on the Fall 2020 student portal page.