Bee The Difference Day
Our more recent alumni may remember Bee the Difference Day on campus. This student-run event gathers hundreds of students to do good in the Quad City community, especially the neighborhoods closest to campus.
The Alumni Association Board and Alumni Engagement Office are now expanding this to alumni. Think of it like Bee Happy Hour, but with the focus on service in our communities.
Nationwide Service Days
Dedicated alumni volunteers organize group service projects for their local St. Ambrose communities across the nation.
Connect with Ambrosians around the world who are serving their communities by connecting on social media using #BTDD18. Email photos of your service projects to the Office of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com.
Want to get involved? Email Kelsey at PenceKelsey@sau.edu for additional details.
2018 Group Service Projects
View photos from this year's group service projects and find others on social media using #BTDD18.
2018-19 BEE the Difference Day Details
If you are interested in hosting a BEE the Difference Day in your area, please contact Kelsey at PenceKelsey@sau.edu or 563-333-6289.
Dave Asmus '76, and the local alumni community for the Arizona Alumni Chapter helped hand-pack meals for Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) on October 13, 2018 at their third annual service day.
The 2019 location will be announced in the spring.
On Sunday, November 11, the Alumni Association Board and Alumni Engagement team participated alongside more than 500 students to help the Davenport community prepare their yards for the winter.
Stay tuned for additional details regarding the 2019 event.
Dorothy Lange '02 and Matt Mahoney '18 have agreed to host a BEE the Difference Day for the Des Moines community. If you are interested in particpating as a host for this event, please contact Kelsey at PenceKelsey@sau.edu.
Ambrosians who live in cities across the nation can volunteer to host a local event for other Ambrosians in their area.
Below is a summary of what's involved if you'd like to host a local service event. Detailed online forms will guide you through the steps, and the Office of Alumni Engagement can work with you to help make your event a success.
The office of Alumni Engagement suggests that you start planning about 8-10 weeks in advance and confirm details 6 weeks prior to the event.
• Decide what organization you wish to work with; consider the number of alumni in your geographic area
• Select the appropriate venue and timeframe
• Reserve a spot at a local restaurant for lunch or drinks after the project
• Provide details to the Office of Alumni Engagement
• Collect RSVP's as they come in
• Coordinate logistics locally (reserve the venue, enlist other volunteers)
• Manage the event onsite (check the setup, greet alumni, manage the flow of the service day, clean up at the end of event)
• Provide the Office of Alumni Engagement with a list of attendees after the event
• Provide a list of area alumni (after volunteer has completed a confidentiality agreement)
• Provide advice based on event experience
• Send a formal email invitation (4-6 weeks before the event) and a follow-up reminder (1-2 weeks before the event) to area alumni
• Provide SAU supplies and giveaways (name tags, check-in sheet, etc.)
• Provide event t-shirt (for attendees who pre-register)